Thursday, August 25, 2005

Another Day

Well, I took the girls to town yesterday and we went grocery shopping. Stopped at the dollar store and it totally surprised me when the only thing the youngest asked for was a stool so that she could reach the sink when she brushes her teeth. Of course, I bought it.
I have been chasing Magpies off of the porch all morning. They steal the dog's food, eat the garbage and now are stealing the kids' mudpuppies out of the bowl. Now I am wishing I had not made such a big deal out of my husband and son shooting at them. LOL
One of the new workers is paying me to do his laundry and dishes now. I don't mind, I don't have anything else to do, but I like the idea of having some spending cash so I didn't say anything. The kids are doing well with their schoolwork, and the only part I don't like about homeschooling is that my step son will sit here for over an hour a day and only read one page, refuse to do the writing, etc. I have tried every form of discipline that is legal and nothing works, he is extremely disrespectful and doesn't care what I do. I am sure he will learn soon that if he would just do it, he could go on about his business a lot faster. But for now, he is testing me.
No trouble with the brother in law yesterday either, but he was sick so he spent most of his time in his room.
I may blog a bit more later......For now, I am going napping.

No comments: