Thursday, September 01, 2005

What is it?

What is it about certain people? Some people just have to be jerks, no matter where they are or who they are talking to. I have a certain person in mind, of course. He is disrespectful to everyone, kid or adult, he is rude, inconsiderate of other's feelings, and thinks he is the best at everything. He treats women like slaves, and adults like he is older than them and they are stupid.....and he is only 18! Have you ever had that uncontrollable urge to stab someone when they weren't looking, I mean seriously kill someone??? Well, I have.
This guy was talking with his father today and when his father would tell him to stop and listen, he would make fun of him and laugh and ignore him. He talked about his sister as if she was a cheap hussy and when asked to stop, he just says "don't tell me how to talk, nobody tells me what to do!" As if he is 50 years old and has the right to treat anyone with that kind of disrespect. It makes me so angry I could just punch him in the mouth. I just don't understand how his brother and father can sit by and let him talk to them and about their family members that way. They don't do anything. If it was my father.....well, let's just say he may be getting up there in age, but you wouldn't be using that mouth for long if you talked like that to him.
Which brings me to another certain person. My dad. I love my dad. He can be a pain in my side sometimes, a little overbearing, but he is such a great dad and grandfather. From what I hear, he can cuss like a logger.....but I have yet to hear it. He doesn't talk that way in front of women, or kids. He has instilled in me a love for family and respect for elders, and also taught me how to be independent and strong, but still sensitive. I can change a tire, oil, shoot a gun, fix a water heater, paint a house, and make my way in the woods because of him. He also taught me how to act like a lady with that......"Keep your legs together, sit like a lady", and smacking me every time I said a foul word. He always made sure memories happened, even when I fought to stay home. We never sat around, we were always busy doing something, and it had to be with the whole family. My husband is getting better at that, but he still needs a little training. LOL

Anyway, We had a family day yesterday and now it back to the grind. I have a sick kid to take care of today and the doctor is closed.....doesn't it always figure? You only get sick on holiday weekends? Just our luck.

No comments: